This is so long overdue…
However let’s not confuse ungratefulness with utter idleness. Unfortunately this is how I roll, and believe it or not in a place like South Italy – I am considered a dynamo/rock star of efficiency (little do they know those lazy arses).
My sincerest gratitude goes out to these three talented and awesome bloggers who nominated me for the following award.
The Lovely Blog Award hails from fellow lovelies:
These awards are becoming suspiciously incestuous my peeps!
(THE REAL) Rules:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
The rules: Rules schmoolz! I always bend the rules.
Throw ’em in the bucket – we’re consolidating!…
My beloved Teri from The Narcissist’s Blog nominated me for Dr. Horrible’s Award. Why read her? Because she’s really awesome, intelligent and she likes herself best. What more reason do you need!?
1. You MUST accept, otherwise Bad Horse will be very disappointed. And you will not like him when he is disappointed.
2. You MAY NOT pass this blog award to someone that has already won this award. That means that it can’t go back to the person that gave it to or to anyone else that has already received it.
3. Put the tag on your blog, so that others may recognize your awesomeness and not gift you again.
4. Thank the blogger that gave you the award and link back to them on your blog.
5. Award as many, or as few, bloggers as you would like. You must give it to at least ONE badass blogger. After that, it’s at your discretion.
Answer these questions…
a) If you ran the world, what would you outlaw immediately?
Any and all animal cruelty (except house flies and mosquitoes), hunger, oppression against women.
b) Boxers or briefs?
c) If you made a Nobel speech, who would you thank?
My grandmother and my father.
The Meta Award for Awesomest Blog from Alice at The Story of Alice who colours the world vivid, and rides her sublime carousel with a cast of characters who could have only been hand-picked from 1920’s Paris, Diane Arbus photographs, or Studio 54. (I am so jealous.)
Rules: Please answer some questions about yourself and spread the love. (THAT I can do – more or less)
1. Cakes, if you could have a dinner party and hand-pick famous, illustrious attendees (alive or dead), who would you invite?
Gandhi, John Lennon, Peggy Guggenheim, Dostoyevsky, Diane Arbus, Jean Cocteau, Djuna Barnes, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Jim Morrison, Dorothy Parker, Andy Warhol, Diana Princess of Wales, Jack and Meg White, Russel Brand, Hugh Jackman (obviously so I can flirt with him), and Jesus (for the REAL story).
2. Cakes, being the hard-core straight girl that you are – If you had to kiss 3 girls on the mouth – who would you choose?
Lisa Marie Presley…
I saw her being interviewed and she reminded me so much of myself
(only richer and cooler).
What would Freud say about that?
(Suck it Freud!)
Fellow blogger Alice.
Because something tells me she’d be damn good, make me blush, and feel like a dirty cartoon princess.
As I struggled to come up with a third my mind kept going back to HER in that bridesmaid dress…
Enough! My nominations are as follows!
Lovely Blogger Award: Lauren at Viciously Sweet. She is one of the few people that can get away with being THAT adorable, she’ll ‘Wang-Chung’ you into smiling, and her doodles go great with morning coffee.
Dr. Horrible’s Award: Felix at @GrumpyComments. Read him cause he’s worthy, he gets embarrassed in silly situations… and he really deserves his own cartoon TV show on the telly (like Family Guy only thinner, cuter and more diabolical.)
The Meta Awesomest Blog: Fabulous Tracy at Trace Fossil. Who is helping me live a better imperfect life, one blog post at a time, and in her own words: “Kicking ass in life before life kicks yours!”
Sincerest thanks and big sloppy kisses to all my readers. xo
Cocktail weenies are now being served in the lounge…